Monday, February 16, 2009

Day Two of writing no one reads but me...

...and that's just because I don't prefer to look like a grammatical nincompoop [I just Googled nincompoop , and yes, it really is a word] on the internet. My mother-in-law just put pictures of us up on facebook from our trip to Disneyland. I loved that trip for a number of reasons:
1) We spent time with Pat and Bill.
2) We had a great time visiting President and Sister Jones.
3) We enjoyed visiting Holly, Jim, and their two adorable kids.

I want children of our own. I see Rachel with other folks' children, and I think of how wonderful and loving she would be as a mother. I know its just a matter of time and patience, but sometimes my impatience gets the best of me.

We took Hank and Harley for a run today, for 40 minutes. Harley almost gave up, but he kept at it with a little motivation. He's a good dog. Hank was dragging us along waiting for us to actually turn it up a notch. He'll be waiting for a while. The ironic thing is that he can run circles around us, yet he (and I as well) is overweight.

We had a great visit with Mom and Dad this weekend. We went out to eat, but the real fun was taking Dad around the library looking for some fun information about archeaological sites near Gore Oklahoma. I swear he'd be a great archeaologist, and I think he needs to join a local chapter of the Archeaological Society. Our land there in Eastern Oklahoma is loaded with some Prehistoric artifacts. There was a neighbor who had an enormous collection of arrowheads. I always enjoyed camping out in those woods as we would hear different sounds of wildlife there year round. Maybe there are some courses he can take for fun there at the local college.

Random Thoughts:
  • I feel blessed today. 
  • There needs to be a G-Rated version of the Comic Mitch Hedburg. 
  • Couscous is the best side dish, next to Cheezy Potatoes.
  • I'm proud to have a dad like my Dad (Same goes for Mom I suppose.)
  • Last but never least: I love my wife so much. She is honestly my best friend in the whole wide world. The fun we have and the memories we make are priceless.


No comments: