Saturday, April 04, 2009

First timer :)


--This is Rachel writing :). This is my first time blogging-Yikes! So anyhow, in February Daniel and I celebrated our 7th Anniversary. I am not sure if many people know the story of "us" and I also think many have a misconception of how we met because Daniel served his mission in Utah. So, here it is...We met in the Fall of 2001 in our singles ward (not while Daniel was on his mission!). I was sitting next to our friend (Jason Lewis) during sacrament meeting and Daniel thought I looked like a fun-loving girl, so he asked Jason for my phone number. About a month later Daniel finally called and then we decided to go out on a date. Neither of us were really looking for anything serious at the time. On our first date, we went for a scenic drive (it was a Sunday-so not much to do) then we went to his apartment and played 20 questions. The last question I pulled out of my cup said "would you go on a date with me next week." I said sure. We said our goodbyes and planned on talking on the phone later and going out the next weekend. Well, that didn't work out as planned. Daniel called on Monday night to see if I wanted to go get hot chocolate. So we went out for hot chocolate and talked all night. To make a long story short, we met up every night after that to hang out. So, about a week later (on our next "official" date) we decided we were going to be "exclusive". We started hanging out in the day time before work and in the night time after work. About a week after that (two weeks total since we went on our first date) we were in Taco Bell. I had just taken a bite of my Seven Layer Burrito and Daniel said "Do you see yourself Marrying me?" I said with my mouth full "Mmm Hmm." He said "should we just get married?" and I said "yeah." The rest is history. I used to be a little ashamed of that story, but I think now I am proud of it. You see-that is the epitomy of us. We are easy going and don't have to make a big hooplah out of everything. So, we got married two months later in the Ogden Temple (pre-makeover). It was the BEST! We have been BFF ever since. So...To sum it up...We didn't meet while Daniel was on his mission! We met when he moved back to Utah long after he came home from his mission. I am not a hussy who thinks a Missionary Tag is attractive. Daniel was not a slacker who didn't "lock his heart." you can kind of tell that I have been accused of this stuff before :). It's okay though. We get a kick out of it. 
We knew each other 2 weeks when we got engaged and then got married 2 months later. He is the most amazing person in the world. I feel extremely lucky to be his wife!

3 comments:

The Hubler Fam! said...

This is SO SWEET. I never knew he proposed at Taco Bell. Or maybe I just forgot that I knew. LOL! I love it! And I just LOVE you guys. You are my sister in that we are both Hubler-transplants and I just LOVE being in the family with you Rach!!

Jacob said...

I must say; did Daniel give you something special to say all that good stuff? I think that's so cool. You just gave me an idea for a fun date. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....